I have tried PRP For Dark Circles — Here Are My Thoughts

  • What is PRP?
  • Why Does It Work?
  • Occurrence During Appointment
  • Results

Move forward

If you have had dark circles under your eyes since childhood, you have probably tried many different things to get rid of them. The heavens know I have. My eyes have dark circles under them, due to genetics and the tone of my skin. Although there are foods that they say are easy, nothing has worked for me. I have used niacinamide which has been reduced by a small amount. Algenist's Triple Algae Eye Renewal Balm enlightened them by almost 50%, which was much better than I thought possible with the product being purchased. But like all the other cosmetic solutions I have tried, it has not diminished my need to use a lid under my eyes. I also tried Lyma laser to simplify myself, but fifteen minutes of daily use for 90 days proved beyond my control, and I stopped after one month.


Wearing makeup has always been a part of my daily routine, but I have come to love the way I dress and groom myself almost once a week. When I wear eye makeup these days (which I used to do every day), it feels uncomfortable and outward. But no matter how welcome I am to be my undone face, I can’t get past my dark circles under the eyes. So I decided that what I really needed to do was learn how to do it right.


When I called my local dermatologist, I said I was not sure what service I was looking for for eye enlargement but I was open for laser, doctor's cream, or cosmetics. Those were the three solutions I learned about, and I wasn’t sure if I was the best game for you. When they suggested "PRP," I replied "OK" without knowing what it was. Once at the appointment, the doctor confirmed that this would be most appropriate for me and explained what it was. When they told me it was safer than fillers, more efficient than lasers, and less expensive than anything else, my response was "Yes!"


What is PRP?

Platelet-rich plasma, which is rich in growth factors needed to be treated, has been used as an injection in recent years to recover from injuries to body parts such as muscles, ligaments, and joints. "Cytokines and growth factors that make up PRP play an important role in the healing process," research notes for 2018.1


It has become a concept many in the beauty and beauty industries are accustomed to using it as a "vampire facial," where PRP injects your entire face and results in reducing and reducing total wrinkles.2


Why Does It Work?

The basis behind PRP is that the platelets in your blood have areas of regeneration and healing. Plasma stimulates your body to produce more collagen and has anti-inflammatory properties. As for under-eye circles, the idea is that plasma-rich plasma will attract your underlying eye area to create more collagen and blood vessels and strengthen the skin there. Next, you not only have a new skin with a healthy structure but also there will be more tissue between your blood vessels under your eyes and the skin of your face. Both of these factors reduce the visibility of underground circles, which have been proven time and again in studies. According to a 2021 review of PRP treatment for underground circles, "the past decade has seen the acceptance of this kind of novel treatment around the world." 3


Because PRP is made up of your blood and not an external substance, the risk factor for injecting it into your face may be much smaller than the filling, which was a common way of choosing under-eye circles.


In the worst case scenario, fillers that did not go well in the area of ​​your eyes can cause blindness. Filling-related blindness is uncommon, but has occurred at least a hundred times.4 Although this can happen with PRP, as with any injection near the eye, it appears to be much smaller than fillers. And, although fillers may create a gap between your blood vessels and your skin, they actually do not lighten up; that means when they melt, you are probably left where you started. After four PRP sessions, the results are said to last for two years. If you do it once a year, that is said to be enough to keep the results permanently.


What Happens During PRP Vaccine Selection?


To get your plasma injection under the eyes, first, you have one bottle of blood drawn. Then, the blood is transferred to another location and filtered into a centrifuge. The centrifuge concentrates the platelets, and the resulting liquid is a golden color. The color of plasma surprised me, as I expected it to look like blood, but the color we know as "blood red" is removed when the red blood cells are twisted. Plasma is then injected into about half a dozen different areas under each eye, and the doctor gently massages your skin as it travels.


To make PRP for the first time in my underground circles, the assistant took my blood and rubbed it with topical cream, which was left to sit for about thirty minutes. The doctor then injected it. Although I wouldn’t call it too painful because of the holding cream, nor would I call it an enjoyable experience. Luckily it ended quickly, I continued on my way. There was a small wound under one eye in one of the injections, but it was not visible. There were also many needlestick scars, which appeared as small red spots that erupted after a few days.


Results


I soon discovered that although it can take up to a month for PRP to work, and it takes three to four times to get the full effect, you may see amazing quick results. As someone who has structural holes near their eyes, PRP treatment has made me look the best I have ever had. That effect quickly led me to understand why people find fillers there. After my first appointment, the circles under my eyes completely disappeared ... for a while.